I’m not much of a beach reader, so I’m going to pick some light reads and some books that remind me of the sun or the water in some way, even if it’s just set in the south.
1. Florence by Ciye Cho. A relatively short YA fantasy that involves the sea and mermaids. Perfect for an afternoon on the beach!
2. The Good Dream by Donna VanLiere. Because it’s set in the south.
3. Bloodsucking Fiends by Christopher Moore. Humorous, light, yet also wicked and dark.
4. Any of the Sookie Stackhouse books by Charliane Harris. Sookie loves laying out and getting some sun.
5. The Regulators by Stephen King as Richard Bachman. It takes place in a small neighborhood in the middle of the summer, complete with all American descriptions of a summer day.
6. Someone Else’s Fairytale by E.M. Tippetts. Great YA romance that is light, yet well written.
7. Anything by Nicholas Sparks. His books usually have a great setting. Sometimes they aren’t so light, but most of them are great to throw in a beach bag.
8. Breath of Scandal by Sandra Brown. Set in the south. It’s my favorite book by her.
9. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd. Another book set in the south.
10. The Princess Bride by William Goldman. Hilarious, traditional, and a great book to throw in your back for entertainment. One of my favorites.