3. I buy the first book in a series I think I will enjoy. But I don’t want to read it because I don’t have the rest or I don’t know if I want to commit to a series. But I don’t want to buy the rest of the books before starting in case I don’t like the book.
5. I keep reading books from popular authors I already know I don’t like. (I don’t LIKE Jamie McGuire. I don’t. And I. Keep. Reading. All. Of. Her. Books. What. The. Heck.) It’s like how I hate sweet potatoes, but I try them every Thanksgiving just in case this is the year I suddenly like them.
6. I keep reading P2P Fanfiction on accident. Curse you, 50 Shades of Grey for starting a hideous trend. I pick up a book, I see tons of people reading it, talking about it, loving it, and realize it’s another romance based on fanfiction. I don’t like this at all. I try to read them, I hate them, but they are so hard to pick out on the shelf.
7. I know what I don’t like in contemporary fiction. I know that friends with similar tastes as me LOVE these things. I know I won’t like them. I keep reading books people are raving about EVEN THOUGH I know I probably won’t enjoy them. Why do I do this to myself?
9. I’m off of work and my husband isn’t home. Do I read? Write my reviews? Try to come up with other original blog content? Finally paste my blog review to Goodreads after 4 months? Put the review link in my review section of the blog? Watch that season of TVD I recorded? Do I read? Clean? Run errands? Hang out with friends? *Wastes time on Instagram*