Top Ten Tuesday
hosted by the Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Books That Will Make You Laugh
- The Princess Bride by William Goldman. The Absolute best humor, fairy tale, adventure story ever.
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. I laughed out loud. It’s such fun science fiction.
- The Iron Druid Chronicles by Kevin Hearne. It’s an urban fantasy involving a druid and his talking Irish wolfhound. It’s fun, but also action packed.
- Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison. I LOVED this book as a teenager and I can’t believe how many people haven’t read it. It’s soo the struggle of a teenage girl. I highly recommend it.
- The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde. I know people rave about this, but I just figured there was no way it could STILL be funny or entertaining, but I realized I was wrong when I read it last year. It IS funny.
- The Charley Davidson series by Darynda Jones. It’s so funny, it’s almost too much. It’s an entertaining urban fantasy with a bit more humor than most.
- Bridget Jones’s Diary by Helen Fielding. Before you turn your nose up, this book is hilarious. The movie was incredibly annoying to me, but I decided to read the book one day and I enjoyed it. The movie doesn’t do it justice at all.
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Sure, it’s on the sad book list, but the reason it makes you cry so much is because you also laugh. You’re just on a roller coaster of emotions. It’s definitely funny. (Just.. bring some tissues.)
- Catch-22 by Joseph Heller. As a military spouse, I can tell you sometimes the military makes NO sense. It’s not quite as crazy as it is in the book, but I can definitely see how the military would inspire such a quirky book. It’s really funny and highly enjoyable.
- The Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout. Really, anything JLA writes is incredibly fun and her main characters make you laugh.