Top Ten Tuesday
hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Facts About Me
- I am 28. I know I read and enjoy a lot of YA, but I’m definitely outside the target age group.
- I’m married to a sailor who is also my best friend.
- I’ve been married 10 years! This past April was our 10 year anniversary.
- I have always loved to read. I grew up reading and having my parents read to me and I’ve identified with characters and read for fun ever since I could.
- I review just about everything I read. It makes blogging easier so I don’t have books I have to review and books I can read for fun. I just write a review for everything. It makes it feel less like work.
- I buy most of the books I review. If I was more involved, I could probably get more ARCs. But publishers have sent me books without actually responding to requests and that’s a problem when I move so much (if there’s no correspondence, how do I let them know I’m moving?) Also, I’m out of the loop a lot. I used to get ARC/New Release envy and I just had to back off and do my own thing. Netgalley is the only real way I get ARCs these days.
- I’d rather read physical books. I know I need to cut back on physical book buying and buy more kindle books, but I just can’t when the price is similar. Physical books are still my preferred method because when I want to read something, I’d rather scan my shelves then my kindle. I’m such a visual person.
- I move a lot. Hence why I need to cut down on book buying. Military life means constant moving (at least for us, it seems) and books get heavy!
- I don’t have kids OR pets. I know it sounds weird. I don’t live near family, either. It’s just me, my husband, and our hobbies. I like life that way, but I think makes other people nervous to have nothing to take care of.
- Reading is my solace. I was an only child for much of my life. It helped me learn to be alone, as I was also shy and introverted. Reading is my go to activity to combat boredom and loneliness and it works quite well for me.
What about you?