Top Ten Tuesday
Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
REWIND: Choose a topic from the past
Most Intimidating Books
I have a ton of books on my shelves that I just HAD TO BUY OMG and now they are just sitting there and I can’t bring myself to pick them up because something about them seems so daunting.
1. IQ84 by Haruki Murakami
2. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
3. Insomnia by Stephen King
4. The Dark Tower Series by Stephen King
5. Persuasion by Jane Austen
6. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
7. The Tommyknockers by Stephen King
8. American Gods by Neil Gaiman
9. The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
10. Treasure Island reasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
As you can see, length is the typical reason I avoid picking up a book. I worry about getting “stuck” on it. The other reason is whether or not it’s a classic and I worry it will be written in a way that I’ll find difficult to trudge through.
UPDATE: I made this post a week or so early and I actually ended up reading the first book in The Dark Tower series. The rest of the series is still daunting, but I keep finding the next books I don’t have in used bookstores or bargain sections, so at least I am acquiring them. I’m starting on book 2 now!
What books would end up on your list?