Top Ten Tuesday
Hosted by The Broke and The Bookish
Top Ten TV Shows People Keep Telling Me to Watch
I keep up with a lot of awesome shows (Game of Thrones American Horror Story, The 100, etc), but sometimes I can’t predict whether a show will be worth watching or I have no way to watch when it’s live. Despite watching a lot of awesome stuff, I still find people that tell me “OMG! You HAVE to watch this! I can’t believe you’ve never seen it.”
The Shows I’ve Finally Started Watching
1. Supernatural. I just started watching at the beginning of the year. I’m on season 7 now.
2. Dexter. I am almost done with season 7, so I’m almost done with the show. It’s good, but not I’m-willing-to-pay-for-Showtime good, so I’m glad I never watched it while it was on.
3. Penny Dreadful. I didn’t even know the show existed and it’s all things horror that I love. I’m halfway through season 1. (UPDATE: I devoured this show over the last few weeks, finishing 1 and 2 and then starting 3 on Amazon Prime and finishing it within 2 days. I was hooked!)
The Shows I Still Haven’t Watched Yet (but plan to)
1. Stranger Things on Netflix. I promise I really want to watch it, but I just haven’t gotten to it yet and I want to wait for my husband to get home to start it.
2. 11/22/63. Let me admit something… I can’t stand James Franco. I know he’s a good actor. But I feel like he’s arrogant and annoying and so when he kills it in a role, I still hate him. But I LOVED the book, so I know I’ll watch this soon.
3. Breaking Bad. I never watched the show and yet I’ve heard how great it was. I probably need to start watching it.
4. Grimm. I feel like I might enjoy it?
5. Arrested Development. My dad really thinks it’s funny and we have a similar sense of humor.
6. Sense8. It’s science fiction, so I probably just need to watch it. I’m not sure if I will.
7. Firefly. I have seen a couple of episodes and I feel like I would enjoy it if I committed to watching it. I’m going to start it next, I think.
What shows do people often recommend to you?