Top Ten Tuesday
Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Characters I’d Name my Child/Pet/Car/Etc After
I don’t have kids or pets, nor do I name my cars, so this is tough!
1. Mina Harker. I had a dog named Mina after the character in Dracula.
2. Loki. I had a hedgehog named after the Norse God of Chaos.
3. Katniss. If I wasn’t allergic to cats, I think it would be fun to have a cat named Katniss.
4. Chainsaw. I did name the raven on my tattoo Chainsaw in honor of The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater.
5. Sherlock. It would be a good name for a hound dog of some kind.
6. Snape or Nagini if I was brave enough to own a snake.
7. Christine would be a good name if I happened to own a Plymouth.
8. Remus Lupin or Sirius Black for a dog.
9. Jon Snow. I feel like I’d name a pet after him.
10. Inigio Montoya. For any animal lol.
I don’t mind naming pets after characters or authors, but I just find it so pretentious and snobby to have a tiny animal with some ridiculous name. I feel like only rich people name their animals with full names like that. I know a lot of people do it, but I picked characters with names that I think would work with pets.
What names would you pick?