Top Ten Tuesday
Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Books to Read If Your Book Club Likes Dark Mystery/Suspense
1. Dark Places by Gillian Flynn. You guys have probably already read Gone Girl and you’ve probably already tried Gone Girl type of novels like The Girl on the Train, so this is a good one to capture the same sort of feelings.
2. Don’t Breathe A Word by Jennifer McMahon. Actually, read ANY of her books. They are all great and they have just enough mystery and suspense lurking under the surface that it’s a hit for any thriller fans.
3. One Kick by Chelsea Cain. Not for the faint of heart, it deals with some pretty hefty subjects, but it was very well done.
4. Into the Darkest Corner by Elizabeth Haynes. It’s very very good.
5. You by Caroline Kepnes. It’s a fantastic book about a stalker from the point of view of said stalker. It’s awesome being in his head.
6. Dare Me by Megan Abbott. Perhaps her books aren’t as mystery/suspense as you’d expect, but if you liked the dark, slightly twisted family dynamics of Gone Girl, this one is a must read.
7. Before I Go to Sleep by S.J. Watson. Kind of like Memento and 50 First Dates, the main character cant remember the previous day, so she started logging her thoughts in a journal only to find out.. she’s definitely being lied to.
8. Still Missing by Chevy Stevens. Her books are full of suspense and all things messed up.
9. The Gretchen Lowell series by Chelsea Cain. It features a beautiful woman serial killer and a drug addled cop who survived her torture. It is definitely awesome.
10. In the Woods by Tana French. If you’re book club hasn’t begun this series yet, it’s definitely worth reading!