Feature and Follow Friday
Hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read
This week’s prompt:
Who are your favorite villains?
1. The Darkling from The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo. I was actually rooting for the heroine to BE EVIL in order for the Darkling to win. I’m still not over it.
2. Adair from The Taker Trilogy by Alma Katsu. Possibly the most embarrassing literary crush. I mean, he’s AWFUL.
3. Warner from the Shatter Me Series by Tahereh Mafi. *swoons*
4. Snape from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling (while not the villain of the story, he certainly was the villain of Hogwarts to Harry, so he counts.)
5. The Grey Man from The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater. Literally a hit man. Somehow likeable. I don’t even know.
6. Queen Levana from The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. She’s such a great villain, perfectly chilling and ruthless.
7. Lord Voldemort/Tom Riddle from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. I think he’s evil, but I appreciate his character. He is a well thought out villain with a ton of back story and conflict and I just love it.
8. Ramsay Snow/Bolton from A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin. He makes my skin crawl and he was twisted. I don’t know if I appreciate his character so much as I appreciate the actor who did one hell of a job in the show playing his character.
9. Dolores Umbridge from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. How is a lady in a pantsuit more terrifying than LORD VOLDEMORT? She’s evil through regulations and laws, the kind of evil we see everyday that chips away at us.