Top Ten Tuesday
Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Five Underrated/Hidden Gem Books I’ve Read Recently
1. The Long Walk by Stephen King writing as Richard Bachman. A creepy story about a long walk kids volunteer for… it’s like a twisted arena from The Hunger Games and it was awesome. I’ve never heard anyone ever talk about the book.
2. Yours Truly (Formerly Ketchup Clouds) by Annabel Pitcher. A teen wrote letters to a murderer in prison. A cute contemporary novel with a bit of a dark side that I appreciated.
3. You Were Here by Cori McMarthy. I loved this contemporary coming of age novel so much.
4. The Casquette Girls by Alys Arden. New Orleans, witches, vampires, oh my!
5. Into the Darkest Corner by Elizabeth Haynes. Stalker thriller. Need I say more? I could feel my heart pound as I flew through the pages.
I have spent a lot of time reading relatively new/talked about books, so I haven’t picked up that many hidden gem books. I regret that, but I also love that I’ve plowed through some popular books I’d wanted to read.