Top Ten Tuesday
hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
All About the Visuals
Top Ten Five Books with Illustrations
1. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness. It’s fresh on my mind because it’s a recent read, but it’s incredible and has some great illustrations.
2. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman. I love this book so much. It’s like The Jungle Book with a graveyard and ghosts instead of a jungle and animals.
3. Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. The illustrations are here and there throughout the book, but they add to the overall vibe so much.
4. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. It’s not actually illustrated, but the book is certainly odd in a visual way and there are some pictures in the book. The layout is unique and I think it earns a place on the list because of it.
5. Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. I don’t own the illustrated editions of any of the books, but the chapter illustrations were always some of my favorites. They helped me picture certain characters or scenes just a tad.