Top Ten Tuesday
Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Books I’ve Read in 2017 So Far
1. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
I couldn’t see how on earth people were crying about a short monster story… until I opened it and cried, too.
2. Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum
A contemporary I just couldn’t put down. As sweet as the waffles on the cover.
3. Sad Perfect by Stephanie Elliot
The second person narration hooked me, as well as the eating disorder I’d never heard of before.
4. All the Rage by Courtney Summers
A contemporary about the aftermath of rape that needed to be written.
5. Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin
Alternate history where Nazi’s won, an identity takeover spy plot, and a race rolled into one book. Awesome.
6. Horns by Joe Hill
Human nature is the truly horrific thing about this horror novel.
7. It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover
I get why people stay in unhealthy relationships now. I don’t think I really did before.
8. City of Saints and Thieves by Natalie C. Anderson
I loved the plot and the whole thief aspect, as well as the cultural aspect. I learned a lot.
9. A Court of War and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas
The finale (of sorts) I couldn’t wait for!
10. The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis
A book about rape culture and stereotypes that punches you in the face. I loved it.